Sunday, May 14, 2006

dear darius

Well. You have officially earned an entire post dedicated to you. Darius Teo. For aeons I have been telling you to put in more effort in your work. every report, every PowerPoint I have to do the editing and editing made me sleep at 4 or 5 for several days on several occasions; the first chemistry report, bio presentation, the second chemistry report. What about you? Every night u sleep before 1130pm. every night you give the excuse that your parents told you to sleep. Has it ever occurred to you that I have parents too? Has it ever occurred to you that they have asked me to sleep earlier? I can tell you that they have told me to do so umpteen times from speaking nicely to screaming at my face. DO YOU THINK THAT I ENJOY SCREAMING WITH MY PARENTS TO MAKE THEM REALIZE THE IMPORTANCE OF SCHOOL WORK? WHY DID I NOT SLEEP EARLY LIKE YOU? Because I feel that as a group member, it is my duty to BE RESPONSIBLE TO ME GROUP AND ME GROUP MEMBERS. You, DARIUS TEO, have caused relationships with my parents to fray. YOU, caused me to LOSE MY CONCENTRATION IN CLASS. Why? BECAUSE YOU ARE NEVER AROUND WHEN THERE IS WORK TO BE COMPLETED. Every single time, you will say that you HAVE to go to sleep when we pretty much haven’t done anything yet. As a group leader, tell me WHAT have you done? You do not seem to care the slightest about the group. Every of your actions have led me to believe that group work is of least importance to you and that you believe that since there is always someone who will do the work, there is no need for you to put in so much effort. Like last night; you sent a proper email to everyone telling them their delegated task. Good job I must say, but might I add that it would be a much better job if you sent it ONE WEEK ago and not the day before the deadline. Very last minute work I must say. As a result, there are members that do not even know that they have to do that part until I asked their part from them at 1am in the morning! By the way, that implies that you have already gone to bed and I have lost all contacts with you. So what did I do? I got a last minute copy and paste and improvised on it. During which I realized that there was a section that not one person did. So what did I do? I COMPLETED IT. When it was getting late, I checked in on everyone to see if they completed their work. Majority of them did not. What can I do? As a result of all that and PLUS the editing of your part, I slept at 4am in the morning. Tell me; have you EVER seen the hour hand on the number “4” and look out to see the sky dark? I can safely say that you have not even come close. From the above, I can conclude that you are selfish, conceited, and insensitive and you just don’t care. As the person who has been cleaning up your mess, I want to say that firstly, your parents do not rule this world and will not earn you your marks. Everyone has parents who love them and are just as protective about their children. Everyone is born equal and no-one is made to do more work than others. When you parents tell you to sleep, no matter what they do, they cannot make you do things that you do not want to do. Besides, this is your academic life at stake; you are staying up late to commit crimes. What you should do is to talk to them and reason with them the importance of your work. Let me reiterate that I AM NOT BORN TO BE YOUR RUBBISH BIN. You do not just dump your work on me and expect me to refine it for you. And to think that there will always be someone to help you is naive. So stop being dependent on everyone. As the group leader, it is YOUR JOB to lead and inspire people to work. Be in the frontline of work and pushing us on to work faster; better. What I see is that you are taking the backseat, relaxing as your group members struggle with the work. The consequences of you being your parent’s angel are not carried by you but rather others. Others who care and wants to do well and it is these people who will see you as the devil. Finally, this is the worst of all. Religion as I said before is a right that everyone has. I for one respect everyone’s decision to believe in their religion. However, it is uncivilised and rude and childish to use religion against people. Moreover, the point of religion is for one to attain spiritual growth through the guidance of a higher power which you believe in. In no circumstances should it be used as a tool for personal vendetta or vengeance in anyway. And as your message was to say that I should not judge as I will be judged, first of all, the act of typing that down is an act of judging. Talk about practice what you preach. Secondly, like I said, the bible should not be cited or in other words, used as a tool for you to criticise and judge me. The act of doing so is like using a sacred book as rough paper, filling it with blasphemes. You are in fact showing no respect for your religion. THIRDLY, the meaning of the verse John [14:6] is simple and clear. You can only get to God through Jesus. NOT that I should not judge as I will be judged. Unless of course you are typing that down for purposes that are of no link to the rest of your nickname as that verse is used for preaching which I doubt. The verse that states this is Matthew 7:1 and Matthew 7:2. But let me say this once again. THIS SHOULD NEVER EVEN HAVE COME UP as the use of the bible on one who does not know is WRONG. Even in the teachings of Christianity. The use of your religion as your shield and bullet-proof vest is low-down and despicable. So please do not disgrace yourself further. In conclusion, this is the final straw. What is gone is gone. Too late, it’s gone, it won’t come back.

blogged @ Sunday, May 14, 2006