Sunday, June 11, 2006
HORROR flick
HORROR
Today was a pretty uneventful day... typical start with me waking late, watching TV, eating brunch and slacking around and going crazy. But the action started when I went out to watch She’s the Man with Ian, Fabian and Vernon. I took a bus down to meet the latter 2 for dinner before going to Cathay and we went to the food court at plaza singapura. As usual we cut the time REAL short and had to RUSH to Cathay. In that wonderful glass building where we were supposed to go for movie which I shall not tok abt but was really rather wonderful, there are 2 entrances. The main entrance or this really long escalator that goes to the carpark. (we din noe that) so Fabian said that we should go up the long escalator coz it looked like the shortest route to the cinema. After we went up, we went through the door into the stairwell. well, everyone who went up that way disappeared through the door to the carpark. We were alone. We decided to go UP the stairs to the fourth level. and when we reach the landing we realized finally that the stairs lead only to carparks and so decided to get out. unfortunately, we went into a junction like a T-junction...with one door behind us, one in front and one next to us (leads to carpark). but being in a real rush and getting hysteric (me) we rushed through the front door and went into a series of corridors and doors. these doors are those wooden doors with glass panels with the card reader right next to them. so it looks like it is only accessible if you have the card. We slammed through it and went into a series of turns. left, right, through a door, straight, through another door, left and finally through another door where the destination is not lit up. so we burst through that door and I recognized it as the level four of the mall which is not open yet. and so it was surrounded by these long panels of wood which on the other side reads, "coming soon". All was dark as we saw the sky outside getting darker by the minute. There was no light except from the glass panel in the door behind us and above the wooden panels. Due to us especially me being freaked out, we were screaming and I ran and tried to move the wood panels. (stupid move I know) and realized that they were nailed together (hysteria rising). We SPLIT UP to look for an exit and Fabian went front, Vernon another direction and me to the left. I was totally mortified then. And through the darkness I saw Vernon’s silhouette and ran towards it and together we found Fabian again. Finally, we decided to go BACK the way we came and to go up the conventional way. and so since we were REALLY running late and I was REALLY scared...we ran for the door which leads back to the maze. And past another series of rights and lefts the doors. Now, these doors look like they were locked for good as the card readers were on and blinking. When I tried to pull the first one, it got stuck and being totally paranoid… *screams* and I pushed the door real hard and same thing happened in the second door. Finally we got back to the fourth level landing and Fabian suddenly got a stroke of genius that never came to anyone else coz we were all crazy already and said that we should find an exit to the mall through the carpark which we totally dismissed just now. (gosh I felt so darn stupid as the directions were so darn obvious in the first place). Anyway, just then, there was this ghostly wail coming from the top of the stairs. (well, maybe it was people downstairs who heard us screaming on the landing and well, wailed to freak us out… and I REALLY hope that I am right in this) So obviously me and Vernon we totally petrified and screamed and shouted “oh my god!!!!!” and well, ran and burst through the carpark door and frantically searched for the way to shops. I was really paranoid and thought we were really being chased for the briefest instant. So we ran all out across the carpark and burst through that door and finally, we were in familiar territory again (the toilet on the fourth level) and well, panting and heat surging through veins as adrenaline coursed through body and all we went up and met Ian and finally bought snacks and watched the movie and went home. Now to think abt it…it is really quite dumb. We could have gone through the carpark door in the first place and that would have saved a whole hell of a lot of time and energy but I guess we were not really thinking straight besides for Fabian who was the most level headed one there. (hey I am REALLY easily freaked out by horror shows… so please don’t blame this one me…) and well, while we were rushing back through the maze, a really warped thought struck me that the whole situation was like a typical horror flick where the people are rushing through the hallways (minus the blinking lights), running away from some psycho killer on the loose. And we even did the cliché splitting up thing which in horror flicks usually meant that one or more of the people in the group will get caught by the evil person. But thank god it did not happen to us. AH… what a day. Action and adrenaline packed (for me)… hehe..ok not so funny
blogged @ Sunday, June 11, 2006