Saturday, September 30, 2006

exams

The recent fervour of studying for the exams has died down for me. True, the exams are looming closer than ever. In fact they are only 2 days away. Yet what am I doing? Blogging. That speaks volume about my future results doesn’t it. All that I have done so far is biology. That is it! Nothing else. Oh no!!! I can already tell that I am A LOT less prepared for the exams this year as compared to last year. For god’s sake I haven’t even started studying for ANYTHING. No to physics, geography, chemistry, LANGUAGE arts, Chinese, and MATHS. Seriously, I have nothing to say. The competition in school is palpable AND so is the desperation. But one thing that seems to be lacking now is the panic and along with it, the semi-pseudo hyperventilation and meltdowns. There are as of now 2 reasons as to why this is so. One, people are freaking prepared for the promos. They have already studied and all they have left is revising one last time before the exam starts and BAM great marks appear. Two, they have gone past the stage of hyperventilation and are just too stressed to show any emotion. Wait. I just thought of the third reason. Maybe I am just not around people as much anymore. The past week of school has been one hell of a nightmare. Well, I was in my little plastic bubble of spur-of-the-moment enthusiasm so I was protected for the first few days I guess, but come Wednesday, the gravity of the situation just hit me like a bullet. Exams are just next week and I have BARELY started on anything. This is highly unusual for me I have to say; I have always started studying at least a week before the exams but the thing is, I CANNOT. What with projects and revision, even sleeping for an hour seems like luxury and royal treatment. I got into a really bad habit of sleeping at 3 to 4 am and I just recently forced myself out of it; reducing it to 2 am latest. Let me tell you that sleeping for 3 hours a day really gets old easily. In fact, I think the lack of sleep that I have suffered from this year alone can never be compensated for. think of it this way; 1 am to me is considered early. Just imagine what I was going through when teachers are driving us nuts in school and more than half the time I am in a land of my own, eyelids getting heavier and heavier with every blink. Bloody education system stinks. Period. The stress is just too much for me to bear. I think I am just a hair away from breaking point. But who cares? I do not care myself…because I cant.

blogged @ Saturday, September 30, 2006