
People always seem to associate life with a box of chocolates. Always unpredictable and you never know what you're getting yourself into. Your palate may be delighted by the perfect balance of cocoa, milk and sugar or the sweetest blend of fruitiness and chocolate. It may be treated to a sinful luxurious liquor centred chocolate. But you know that somewhere in that pretty box rests a chocolatier's powerful concoction of 90% cocoa dark dark chocolate truffle. A tiny nibble and it fills you with the sheer intensity of it's strong aroma; along with that terrible inevitable bitterness. Even though I'm a lover of dark chocolate, that overwhelming bitterness is way too much to bear. However, lately I seem to have picked up this particular flavour and wilfully thrown the whole thing into my mouth. One bite. That was all it took to detonate the bitter bomb. Like I said, it was too much. Just too much. Even then, I fought my natural instincts to spit the whole thing out. Why? Damn this box of chocolates did not come cheap. Especially this particular candy - given the unusually high concentration of cocoa in it. So what can I do? I'm torn. Do I suck it up and swallow it down? Or do I spit the darned thing out and rinse my mouth with water?
If ever there was a time when a song can completely illustrate my feelings, it's now. But as for which particular one I would not reveal. All I know is that right now, I'm stuck. Clueless and torn. In denial and hurting. But strangely, the part of me I hate right now... is the rationale and wise one which is telling me to wake the hell up and get a move on. Somehow... I just wanna stay in love with my sorrow. At least for now. (No, Lithium is not the song I was referring to.)
But now I wonder, why don't I just clear the air and stop speculating by myself? That is the only way to stop my brain from drowning in my own thoughts. The only way to put an end to the bitterness on my tongue. Right?
- wishing only wounds the heart.