Saturday, April 11, 2009

hard liquor.

Yesterday was an action packed busy busy day for all of my besties and me. Why? It's because of THE event of the year, Ian's birthday party!!! Like I said, we practically "plan our year around this". As always, it was absolutely awesome gathering with all of my best friends, including Ian who has been extremely busy this year because of the life-ruiner aka NS. So in the morning, I woke up and went to XJ's house to play a bit of mahjong and hang out with Konrad who I haven't seen in a long time too. After that, we cabbed down to Ian's place and talked with everyone who was there and of course, we HAD to play Wii! Age notwithstanding, we still transform to completely insane screaming kids in that room jumping around and waving the remote control everywhere. Haha, fun times. Except this year, we went crazier playing Wii Fit compared to Mario Party. Doing Yoga and Aerobics has never been more hilarious. I have an absolutely crazy video where Fabian does Yoga but I can't seem to transfer it into my computer. LOL! Stupid program is corrupted... Urgh!

Anyway, games aside, we also had a good time catching up with one another. This is one thing that I do not ever want to lose - my friendship with these amazing people. Of course, how can I not mention the feast? Ian's party is just naturally synonymous with gourmet food. There is that Caesar Salad which made me start eating salads, oxtail, duckling, roasted potatoes, steak, amazing spit roasted lamb, rice with gooseliver, aglio olio and my absolute favourite thing in the WHOLE table, the ever-decadent and absolutely sinful foie gras. High cholesterol is just going to have to wait another day because that piece of fat is just bursting with the most delicious flavours ever. To put it simply, it was an amazing dinner. Especially for a foodie like me. There's just nothing like chatting over a plate laden with all that food and sipping red wine... and lychee martiniS.

After being stuffed to the eyebrows with food, it's time to go back to the games! Work off some of that foie gras which I ate. It's funny how I ate a plate of strawberries, then announced that I have eaten enough fruits to redeem an extra piece of foie gras. LOL! Anyway, we played and laughed like mad until everyone started to leave, so we left to havoc as well. We as in XJ, Fab and me. Went to a new place this time. I've got to admit, the music there is great that night. If this was the usual standard then I think it definitely makes the cover charge worth paying for, as opposed to free entry, but supremely trashy music. XJ bought a jug of long island which I pinched from just to get me more willing to play. I had a great time with my 2 best friends. To be honest, there's nothing all that great and fun about that scene. But being there with my best friends in the entire world makes it fun.

I don't know if I was getting tired from jumping around to the great music which is totally... energising (wow how contratictory - damn this character flaw!), or if it was because of others things happening around me (ok, I'm totally lying. I know exactly why); but I suddenly felt the need for the strongest drink I can get with my free drink coupon. So, I got a coke rum... and I downed it in 2-3 gulps. Haha, totally disregarded the straw. But even with that, it didn't work. Sitting down didn't work. Drinking didn't work. Nothing worked. It's true you know, turning to alcohol is completely utterly useless. Don't ever turn to that because of avoidance issues. What to do? Accept it. Lock it up, throw away the key, bury the box. As the great Kelly Clarkson belted, "No I don't cry on the outside anymore." So I turned away and let myself get lost in the beat.

- and heaven knows, i'm not that girl[...].

blogged @ Saturday, April 11, 2009