Tuesday, June 02, 2009

a single teardrop.

Do you still remember how it feels like to just lose control completely and feel tears streaming down your cheeks? To many, crying may seem like a sign of weakness. What these people fail to realize in their bravado act is that sometimes, crying is simply a form of release. A way for pent up emotions to vent itself. It would be scary to imagine what would happen if everything just wells up inside. That will be the time when a ticking bomb is formed; just waiting to explode.

Yet as we grow older, it gets increasingly hard to let the tears flow freely. Maybe it's because we have matured and we have become more tolerant to emotional stress. Maybe it's simply because there is more at stake if you expose any kind of vulnerability which others can readily exploit. Or maybe, we become more sadomasochistic as we get older and we just want to torture ourselves on the inside.

To be honest, I don't know which category I fall into. What I'm sure of is that I have begun to forget to cry properly. It has been a long while since that happened. I guess nowadays I just go into a self-contained state and temporarily withdraw from everyone else, coming back out only when I managed to surpress the problem. Because of that, it seems to take a huge amount of issues in order to muster that stinging pain behind the nose. That's the warning sign before tears start to flood into the eyes... and one, single teardrop splashes out; rolling slowly downwards. That's all. I no longer enjoy the reprieve that a full out crying session can bring because it all begins and ends with that isolated drop of salt water. This leaves me sad... and now frustrated at myself.

- it is you and me against the world.

blogged @ Tuesday, June 02, 2009