Saturday, February 27, 2010

cravings.

It's true - I'm spoilt.

When it comes to food, I'm especially nasty. Maybe it's a family thing, but I blame my sister for it. Any time a particular craving comes along, be it for potatoes or tacos, I realize I start to throw annoying tantrums until the craving is satisfied. My sister probably has more than her fair share of those tantrums since it's usually her that I go to and demand for whatever food it is that popped into my mind. So, I have decided that I should try to get what I want by myself more often. We all know that plan is doomed to failure because I often either have no idea how to make it myself, or I can't afford it. Nevertheless, I try to keep to the plan. Key word: try.

Anyway, just an hour ago I had this craving for pizza. No, not crappy deep-dish pizzas from some lousy joint that is loaded with grease, artery-clogging trans fats and several days' worth of calories. I much prefer the original and healthier thin-crusted ones with not too much toppings and which you can finish by yourself although the diameter is twice that of your face. Since mommy and sister dearest have decided to go out together, I decided to get out of the house and get my pizza.

So I did. And while I was looking through the menu, I had a sudden craving for tiramisu. Obviously I ordered that too. It's awesome when I can get whatever I want. This is why I have to drag myself through gruelling hours of tuition so I can actually pay for some of my whims. I think it's good. Wouldn't it be nice to live in the lap of luxury and get whatever you want, whenever you want? Pity, pity.

I felt rather happy after my meal. Even though I'm not usually a generous person at all, I left a tip. That almost never happens because the mandatory 10% service charge is rather off-putting. Personally, I think they should just do away with the service charge and encourage tipping instead. That way people can express their satisfaction or dissatisfaction with the restaurant's food as well as service, which may turn into an incentive to drive up the currently all-too-common sub-standard service. I'm a consumer after-all. Reducing profits of eateries are the least of my problems. (Most of them deserve it.) What matters is that my own satisfaction is maximised. Selfish much? It's human.

Like I said, I'm spoilt. So what?

- you will always be my endless love.

blogged @ Saturday, February 27, 2010