
I have cultivated an intense hatred for this pathetic country through the years. It all started when some animal happily decided to uproot me and transport me to this place. Yes, I blame him for all the shit I have gone, is going, and will go through. In fact, I am determined to claim compensation one way or another. You have absolutely no right to lecture me about anything under the sun. You do not even have the right to ask about my entire life and be part of it since you chose to step out. Right now, you disgust me.
As a result of someone's bad decision, I had to suffer through years in this place. I definitely acknowledge the good experiences I have had in my schooling years, but ever since I knew of it's existence, I have loathed the notion of legalized forced labour. Nothing in the past one and a half year have even made a feeble attempt to prove me wrong. On the contrary, they have given me concrete examples to bolster my argument that it is completely useless, inefficient and a complete waste of time, energy and various resources. I urge anyone to try coming up with good points about this organisation and their forced servitude. Let me set an example.
I believe that many people, on hindsight, claims that they have been exposed to people of diverse backgrounds. I suppose what they value is that feeling like as if you understand more about the community and society you live in. This is supposed to be enriching and humbling. I concede that I have been interacting with many different types of people. It certainly has opened my eyes to a whole new world. A whole new world of bigots, archaic mindsets, Neanderthals which I was foolishly led by scientific research to believe are long extinct. It taught me so many new things about the power of the socially inept, mentally retarded and naivety. Most importantly, my experience taught me not to take things for granted. I have a renewed and intense appreciation for indoor plumbing, sanitation, the simple pleasures of a home-cooked meal, the luxury of gourmet dining and above all (and I can't emphasise this enough), I am eternally grateful to my mother for constantly reminding me and sometimes literally forcing me to see the importance of a good education and making sure that I reap as much as I can from it. My only regret is that the valence of my social circles must be desecrated before I can fully learn these lessons on life and the full spectrum of society.
Before anyone tries to credit this organisation for teaching me such lessons, let me tell you to stop right there because I truly do not believe that they meant to be a negative example. If anyone is to be credited, it must be my wise mentors throughout my education and my family who have taught me so much. But, I have to give it due credit on being such an extreme negative example as it must not be easy to encompass practically all things that are regarded as failures.
As I think of all that I have learnt by my own observation and reasoning, I am beginning to realize that maybe, just maybe, you are not so disgusting afterall.
- i pray that something picks you up and sets you down in my arms.